Check our list with the cheapest 4G phones in Malaysia, featuring powerful budget options from brands like Xiaomi, OUKITEL, Lenovo and others
Are you looking to buy an affordable phone with fast mobile data transfer speeds? The list below featuring the cheapest 4G smart phones offers the best models currently available in Malaysia.
Why a 4G phone?
If you are looking for cheap Android phones, you will see that many of them, only provide 3G (and WiFi) support. Those models, even if recently released, use older, and therefore, cheaper components. However, the amount of data being transferred by our mobiles is growing drastically year after year. If you like to talk on Skype using your camera or watch videos with a good quality, 3G speeds might not be enough.
For that reason, if you are looking for a new budget smartphone and you have a high data usage, I highly recommend you getting a 4G Android phone.
What to Consider When Choosing a 4G Phone
Apart from using 4G technology, there are some other aspects you should consider when buying a new phone. Some of them are: processor speed, screen resolution and Android version.
As for processor speed, I would recommend at least a quad core processor. An octa core CPU is even better, however, they are usually not among the cheapest models.
When it comes to Android Version, I would recommend Android 6.0 or superior. Some models running on Android 5.5 can still be a good option though.
Let’s check now our list with the cheapest 4G phones available in Malaysia in 2018:
OUKITEL U20 Plus Smart Phone 4G Phone 5.5inch Android 6.0 OS 2GB +16GB Grey
- Apperance–2.5D curved design, with a lightest and thinnest body
- Screen–5.5inch IPS FHD Screen Display, 1080*1920pixel
- CPU–MTK6737T Quad-Core 1.5GHz CPU Processor
- OS–Android 6.0 Operation System
- Capacity–2GB LPDDR3 RAM+16GB ROM eMMC5.1
- Camera–13.0MP+0.3MP Dual Lens Back Camera with 5.0MP Front Camera
- Battery–Built-in 3300mAh Li-polymer Battery
- Network–Dual Card Dual Standby (1 * Micro SIM + 1 * Nano SIM / 1 * Micro SIM + 1 * TF)
Xiaomi Redmi 4X [Dual Sim LTE/32GB ROM/3GB RAM] Original Imported Set
- 5″ Display
- 2.5D curved glass
- High Capacity 4100mAh battery
- Snapdragon 435 octa-core processor
- 32GB ROM + 3GB RAM
- Premium Metal Body
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 13MP PDAF 0.3s fast focusing rear camera
- 5MP front Camera
Lenovo S856 8GB, 5.5 inch 4G Android 4.4 Smart Phone(Gold)
- 5.5 inch 1280 x 720 pixels screen
- CPU MSM8926
- CPU Processor Quad Core , 1.2GHz
- RAM 1GB
- ROM 8GB
- WCDMA , GSM , FDD-LTE
Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime 5.0” 1.5GB RAM / 8GB ROM 4G / LTE Dual Sim
- Band- 4G / LTE
- Dimension- 144.8 x 72.1 x 8.9 mm (5.70 x 2.84 x 0.35 in)
- Processor Type- 1.4GHz Quad Core
- No of Cores- Quad Core
- RAM- 1.5 GB
- Internal Storage- 8GB
- Micro SD Slot- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Display (inches)- 5.0
LETV LeEco Le S3 X626 Smartphone 4G LTE Phone 5.5inch Android 6.0 4GB RAM 64GB ROM
- 5.5-inch capacitive screen, FHD (1920×1080 pixels) screen display.
- Helio X20 MTK6797 deca-core 64bit 2.3GHz, GPU: Mali T880.
- Android 6.0 OS, 4GB RAM +64GB ROM.
- Dual camera: 8.0MP front camera and 21.0MP back camera.
- Dual Nano SIM Card Dual Standby.
- Full metal unibody, 3000 mAh battery with fast charge.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A Dual SIM 4G LTE , 2GB RAM
- 5-inch HD display
- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
- 3120 mAh high capacity battery
- 13 MP rear camera
- MIUI 8 dual-device mode
TP-Link Neffos C5 Max)
- .5 Full HD Screen
- 4G LTE, Dual SIM Standby
- Long Battery Life, 3045mAh
- Octa-Core MT6753 8x Cortex-A53 1.3GHz
- Android 5.1
- 13MP Rear Camera + 5MP Front Camera
- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
- Support MicroSD card (up to 128GB)
If you are browsing for a new phone, check our best Xiaomi phones guide here. Do you have any of the devices listed above? Share your experiences and thoughts on the comment box below.